Thursday, February 15, 2007

About Prepaid Taxies at the airport

Always hire a prepaid taxi before you come out the Airport. Especially in cases where you are in a new town, there if you go out and try to take a taxi, you are more prone to being cheated. More so when the airport is out of the town like in Chennai. What I did was to come out of the airport and then took a prepaid taxi, and the driver took 30 more bucks when we reached to the destination.

Never bother to take a prepaid taxi in you own town. Recently I went to Hyderabad. I knew that if I can walk just half a kilometer I would find a auto, but I took a so called prepaid autos out side the airport and paid twice as much. And again as in Chennai, the auto driver took another 20 bucks over the bargained amount.

Always carry change with you, so that you don’t have to pay extra amounts.

No comments: